This site requires Adobe Flash Player v.9.0
or higher and javascript to be turned on. Get Adobe Flash Player

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]  Digg: PC's???? I need your help!  Digg: PC's???? I need your help!  Digg: PC's???? I need your help!  Digg: PC's???? I need your help!

PC's???? I need your help!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 pm 
Airborne Member

Well I think its time for myself to upgrade to another level of pc. Some of you may know I really do have a crappy computer, I cant play the new COD:WW or any new games, So I need to upgrade were I can play all the latest games and have a good FPS.

I was currently looking on the scan.co.uk website and picking out some parts for the pc. I find this website does have reasonable prices but I’m sure there’s more out there on the market which is cheaper.
I don’t really have a clue about Pc's or pc parts any help from you clever guys would be appreciated.

At the moment I have came up with most parts but wasn’t sure if there compatible with each other or any good. At the moment I haven’t found a graphics card or CD drive, so I would need your help on these or any other parts I left out. Here they are below:

Case: Antec 900 - Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case with 200m Top Fan w/o PSU : £71.19

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H, AMD 790GX, AM2+, PCI-E 2.0x16, DDR2 1066/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX : £126.39

CPU: AMD Phenom™ 9850 Black Edition, Agena Core, Socket AM2+, 2.5GHz, HT 2000MHz, 4MB Cache, Retail: £131.07

Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2, PC2-8500 (1066), 240Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 5-5-5-15, EPP : £64.23

Hard Drive: 500 GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K500, SATA 300, 7200 rpm, 16MB Cache, 8.5 ms, NCQ : £39.89

Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer PCI 7.1Ch Sound Card OEM : £51.62

Graphics Card: ?????

Power Supply: 770W HiperPower Type-R MKII, HPU-5K770-SE, 4 Port USB Hub, Quad SLi/Xfire 80% : £74.74

CD – Rom Drive: ?????

At the moment the total price is £559.11 inc Vat.

If you know of any other places that are cheaper please place the websites below. I would appreciate some feedback as I need your help.

I need to keep to reasonable prices as i have to pay out on this and work my socks off. :) If the above is other the top please say.